Welcome to Recovery Matters: What to Bring
Please note that upon admission, all persons and their belongings will be searched.
Please bring one (bag or suitcase) of comfortable clothing including a jacket, shoes and/or sneakers for exercise. Please bring a winter jacket, hat and gloves during colder weather. Please note that hats are not allowed to be worn indoors.
Clothing NOT To Bring
- Clothing that depicts sex, violence, drugs, alcohol or gambling
- Clothing that is too revealing: no short shorts, tank tops, see-through shirts, bare midriff shirts, or spandex
Please bring one small bag of toiletries including toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, soap, shaving items and feminine products if needed. All must be in original, unopened packaging.
- MP3 players with headphones are allowed during designated times only.
- You are welcome to bring any recovery based literature with you.
- Journal, Pens
DO NOT BRING
- Cell Phone, Pager, Camera, Computer, TV�s
- Valuables or expensive jewelry (we recommend no more than $40 cash)
- Aerosol products
- Sharps of any kind (pocket knives, scissors, etc.)
- Products containing alcohol (mouthwash, perfumes, colognes etc.)
- Hand-held internet devices, hand-held gaming devices
- Mood altering drugs, non-prescribed medications, drug paraphernalia
- Glass of any type
Smoking is not encouraged. For those clients who do smoke, designated times and areas will be made available. All cigarette packages must be unopened. Please bring enough for your entire stay. No chewing tobacco, cigars, pipes or rolling tobacco is allowed at Recovery Matters. Do not bring a lighter.
No food, drink or perishables can be brought into Recovery Matters. Our Dietary Department will provide all necessary meals and snacks - special dietary needs will be accommodated.
All linens and towels will be provided.
Identification and Insurance Card
Bring photo ID, insurance card and prescription card.
Clients must bring a copy of a physical that has been completed and signed within the last 30 days.
Please bring all prescribed medications in prescription bottles. You must have enough medication for your entire stay. Medications will be held by staff and administered as prescribed.
Vitamins and/or over the counter medications (aspirin, antacid, cough drops, etc) may be brought in original unopened packaging.
Vehicles are not necessary and are not recommended. There are parking spaces available if needed. Keys will be locked up.